Thread: Index/List of local clubs?

Default Index/List of local clubs?

I'm not interested in competing or running all over the country. I just want my dog to work to her potential. I've searched here and in positive duck dogs but can't find reference to any local clubs.

I'm in northern D/FW. I know of several dog clubs including HRC and Upland type dogs but none that I've seen actually using Mr. Milner's philosophy or techniques. Just heel sticks and force fetching as the norm. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Thomas
    8month old yellow lab female
    She's steady in the backyard and we're working on the field.

Hang in there. Start one in Dallas. Keep an eye on www.Americangundogclub.com and its associated forum. The current trial schedule in on that forum as well.

Thanks for the interest.
    Robert

Thomas,

I live on the North side of Houston and am getting a club started here. I have had very good luck recruiting people for the club while attending several DU events.

Karl

It was only recently that I moved to Sugar Land, Houston. I have got a Labrador which is 3 years old. I am happy to note that a club is going to be started in Houston. I would request kgdj to let me know where it is going to be started. I would also like to have their phone number.

Would like to know more about the new Club which was supposed to have opened in Houston Ė hope to see some response as I have a Doberman too and would like to take him there too!! Letís have some action in here and have some serious discussions about our pets, folks!!

sangmu and harvey

PM sent

Karl
    Labrador is a Spanish word meaning a Workman

Evviva, Labradores

Hey kgdj
    Noticed you are in Texas. Did you ever get a club started. I am very interested in finding others that want to train retrievers using positive methods.

Thanks,
    Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by novascot View Post
    Hey kgdj
    Noticed you are in Texas. Did you ever get a club started. I am very interested in finding others that want to train retrievers using positive methods.

Thanks,
    Sloan
    PM sent

Karl
    Labrador is a Spanish word meaning a Workman

Evviva, Labradores