Thread: first post

Default first post

Hello everyone.

My name is James Lindsay and I live in the Milton area of Southern Ontario. I am a retired Presbyterian minister and currently own/operate Bushmills Gundogs with Labrador Retrievers. Growing up in N.Ireland and immigrating to Canada in 1960, I have owned Labs for more than 50 years.
    For the past couple of years I have been trying to start a training club using positive methods (no e-collar etc)only, eventually holding British Field Trials with the help and advice of Robert Milner. Currently, I am trying to secure lands and ponds for training sessions.
    If you are interested in helping me get this project off the ground, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
    home:289-878-9071 cell:416-625-1300 email:bushmillsgundogs@gmail.com

Best regards to all

James

Hi James
    I only wish we were closer I'd love to join. Maryland is just a bit too far.
    I'm interested.....I assume you've have Irish bred labs ? I've had a couple w some Irish lines and they were quite nice dogs
    Do you have any experience w field trials in Ireland ? Or any experience with Cockers from Ireland?
    Best
    Chris
    Chris Cianci

Chris, thanks for your reply, you may notice I opened with 2 post, computer trouble!!! My Labs are British Labs with the exception of one, who's father is a direct import from Australia,he turned out to be a great looking Lab with all around terrific attitude. I know the British field trial system quite well but, I tell you, it is very hard getting it off the ground up here, that's why I'm trying my best to get the training club started and see what develops from there.
    I will keep you abreast of what happens.
    Cheers
    James

Just wondering if anyone out there in Southern Ontario is interested in my proposal???

James

James, email sent.