Thread: Wow, we're being hit

Default Wow, we're being hit

Looks like the forums being hit hard, I got a new PM today that looked very muck like a virus hit and I see the discussion section also been hit.

Good Luck,

WDSprings
    Bob

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. "
    -- Corey Ford

Yep I would say so. I've gotten 3 or 4 PM's lately that were definitly a scam, and when I saw what was posted this morning on the dicussion section I bout fell out!

They must have cleaned up the general discussion before I saw it. Was it more virus scam or are they getting more creative? As slow as the Forum has been for the past few weeks even an animal rights wacko would be a diversion that might get things stirred up!

Swack

We are, but I'm trying to put a stop to it. Fortunately, it's not just us - there are literally thousands of sites being hit by these nimrods.

It's all originating from Germany which is a little unusual - most of this junk comes from SE Asia. I have the IP address blocked now and have done a few other tricks, so hopefully that will help reduce the problem.

Thanks Steve!
    When you start trying to make it complicated you make the training job more difficult.
    Robert Milner