Thread: GoPro on Dog

Default GoPro on Dog

Hey everyone.

I did something really cool this weekend. I have a GoPro that we use with the kids and stuff. However, when I was at Macks at the end of the season I found a harness that is made to mount your GoPro on your dog. Why didn't I think of that!! It is really cool. I will try and figure out how to post one of the videos. But a couple of things you can see of training value is:
    1) Where the dog is looking when you throw the dummy. Where are his eyes? Are the following it down, or are they moving back to you.
    2) What you look like to your dog. I had never really thought about that, but will all the talk of how important our motions and movements are to the dog, instead of what we say, it is neat to see yourself from his perspective.

I am just beginning to use it. But it is pretty neat. Probably more of a toy than a must have training tool, but we have to figure out ways to keep this fun and interesting.

Maybe old news around here, as I am new to forum. But there it is.

Allen and Gauge

It will be interesting to see the videos...post a picture of the GoPRo / harness mounted on Gauge when able. What version of GoPro are you using? I see that the Hero3+ (latest model as of this writing) weighs only 4.8 oz.(with housing)! Amazing...I agree that it may give you unique insight into things viewed from the dog's perspective and may prove to be a useful feedback tool for the trainer/handler. I'll be interested in your conclusions following testing.

Kevin

IT WOULD BE REALISTIC IF YOU COULD DO IT IN BLACK AND WHITE.
    Tony
    When you start trying to make it complicated you make the training job more difficult.
    Robert Milner

Ok. Here we go. Never posted a youtube video or linked one in a forum. So, this is probably not going to work. However, might as well try. Once I verify this will work I will try with a little better example.

Kevin, to answer your question, it is a GoPro Hero3+ Silver edition. It is crazy light even in the water proof case.

Leo, that would be cool. I will try and edit the video and see what it looks like.

Thanks guys. Talk to you again soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Fk2s5c3ZIhI
    Last edited by ahill; 02-25-2014 at 07:44 AM. Reason: video did not link

That was pretty fun to watch, but it was a wild ride..the next generation of GoPros might incorporate a gyro-stabilization system to smooth it out. Thanks for posting.

Kevin