Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Wanted to introduce myself real quick. My name is Justin I currently own a 5 year old black male (Ace) from Boomer and Sugar and have enjoyed him very much. My wife and I are currently purchasing a red female from the Encore and Amber litter that should be ready to come home in two weeks. We are extremely excited about having a new pup around the house. I would really like to learn about hunt test and field trials if any of the other members have some knowledge they would like to share. I am really looking forward to the knowledge that can be gained from this forum, thanks everyone.

Hello Justin ! Getting a new addition hey...great ! What have you been doing with your 5 year old lab up to the present ? Hunting ? Welcome !
    Brian

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - A. Einstein.

We are really excited about the addition. Ace is a hunting dog.

Default New member

Welcome Justin, good to have you on the board.

Irishwhistler

Hello Justin,

Last spring I joined a retriever club and got involved in the hunt test. My DH lab also sired by Boomer will turn 2 the 24th of next month. He has his AKC Senior Hunt Title and just passed two master spaniel hunting test. I'd suggest joining a retriever club. They have monthly training days that mimic the actual test. So you can tell what you need to work on.

R, Steve

Hi Justin,
    Welcome and good luck !
    I'd echo Steves comment, A group of us train together now many of whom have been in the field trial or hunt test game in the past. For me it took going to several tests trials and training sessions before I found the folks I most enjoyed training with. Most of the guys I'm with now really love dogs and train them for personal hunting dogs rather than competition. As a rule I tend to only take advice from people who've seen my dogs work for atleast a month of twice a week training sessions. I find that input to be most helpful rather than some well intentioned advice from someone who's only seen a snapshot of a dogs behavior
    Best
    Chris
    Chris Cianci