Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robert's trial

Angus is the sire of my male.
    When you start trying to make it complicated you make the training job more difficult.
    Robert Milner

Default angus

I never trained or hunted with Angus. I owned Jess since 2002 and she was/is a phenomenal hunter. Not a great marker but a superb handling dog. Would hunt a 10 foot circle on command as long as you asked her nicely. She for the last years has been sent into the flight pen to catch the training birds for training that day- not a bad retirement gig.......Jess was always a team player and had great success as a trial dog in Ireland but was whelped in England. I spoke with her breeder last year who remembers her well from 14 years ago. She also did some international competition in the late 90's prior to being imported. I believe she had a little bobble at the end of the IGL championships to lose the event and was then brought to the US.

Superb credentials for Jess. I'm guessing you got lucky on that bobble in the IGL. Had she won it, how unlikely was it that she would never end up in your kennel?
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

Oh funny! I wish I could do the seminar it would be great for my dog but I'll be out of town Hope everyone has a good time!

Same here, Candice. We're going out of town Memorial Day weekend, which won't allow me to make it to the seminar. Too bad, since I think it will be a great opportunity to work with some great trainers and dogs alike.
    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr